Archer C1 -> Quarrel Shooter C3 -> Archer C2 -> Falconer C1 -> ?
To compensate the lack of AoE on this build you can go Falconer C1 for the Circling. This way you can combo your Multi Shot and Scatter Caltrops with Circling. Although Circling has 35 second cooldown, its actually not that bad since most heavy AoE skills are 30+ cooldowns.
good for single target (Taking up C2 is mostly for the 25% crit rate, max attribute level of Swift step is 5)
- Maxing Swift step and Multi Shot is no brainer. Having 1 point on Oblique Shot is better than 5 because of the mana cost. This way you can spam it. If you want to play a Oblique Shot style archer I recommend looking at Spammer Type with Scout C3 Split Arrow.
- Swift step crit chance attribute will be given on C2 and its really good. Maxing Swift step and Multi Shot again and if your build uses Kneeling Shot then max that as well. Otherwise use it on heavy shot, heavy shot can be useful for kiting. Or you can use it anywhere you want.
- You went for C3 because of Twin Arrows, obviously max this out and same as usual Swift step and Multi Shot, the higher the Multi Shot skill the more arrows you’ll shoot. Rest of the points are up to you.
good for mobility (you should only take this circle if you plan on going to C3 imo)
- Not much good skills to look in here. I suggest getting one on Stone Picking (imo this should be replaced by a better skill), max Scatter Caltrops I guess. Save 5 points so you can use it on Rapid Fire next circle
- Max Rapid Fire, save 10 points for Running Shot and Rapid Fire next circle. Everything else is up to you, I guess you can max Scatter Caltrops.
- Max Rapid Fire and Running shot, everything else is up to you. Might as well max Scatter Caltrops lol
- Fast attacks and mobility
- Extremly good single target damage
- Good AoE
Companion type (from Hunter and Falconer)
Pets pets pets, Hunter is good for PvP? (I’m not too sure but the pets are mostly for CC and CC is good for PvP) and Falconer is good for AoE because of circling, making your skills attack AoE ratio highe
** Note read the Archer types section for more info
Archer class main stats will be STR and DEX, some CON for survivability. You may consider SPR for some builds that eats a lot of mana for sustainability.
STR – increases physical attack of skills and auto attacks and increase critical attack (not critical rate).
When a point is allocated to STR
- Minimum/Maximum physical attack is increased by 1.
- Critical attack is increased by 1.
- Weight limit is increased by 5.
DEX – increases accuracy, critical rate, and evasion.
When a point is allocated to DEX
- Accuracy is increased by 1.
- Critical rate is increased by 1.
- Evasion is increased by 1.
CON – increases max hp, hp recovery, critical hit resistance, weight limit, and shield block.
When a point is allocated to CON
- Max HP is increased by 85.
- HP recovery increased by 1.
- Increase Critical Hit resistance by 1.
- Increase Weight Limit by 5.
- Increase Shield Block by 1.
SPR – increase max SP, SP recovery, block penetration, and magic defense increased.
- Increase Max SP by 13.
- Increase SP recovery by 1.
- Increase block penetration by 1.
- Increase magic defense by 0.2.
**Straight from the ToS Book Manual, credits to the author.
STR – are for Rogue classes or classes that doesn’t need much critical rating because they can get it from somewhere else. Wugushi skills also doesn’t crit.
DEX – are essential for all builds that needs crit. Evasion is also good for physical attacks but it doesnt do anything for magic attacks.
CON – basically for everyone who are dying too fast. Consider putting some here to survive longer
SPR – very rare but this can be useful for some builds that require a lot of mana. (Mostly for Spammer types like Scout C3 or Fletcher). This can be conpensated by buying high level mana pots created by Alchemits in the market. (might be costly right now (4/12/16) depending on server)
Does the most min-max damage.
Does very good min-max damage with lesser crit chance but higher crit damage.
Does good min-max damage w/ consistent crit damage & rate.
Does decent min-max damage w/ very good crit rate but weaker crit damage. High dex builds are good for builds that has high raw output scaling damage from their skills since you don’t really need min-max (such as Split Arrow, Magic Missle, etc).
Has insane critical rates but not very good min-max damage neither critical damage. Same applies for full dex, need high output raw damage skill .
**Consider no more than 100 CON for survivability, 30-80 CON seems reasonable or no CON at all for glass-cannon builds.
**Also only consider no more than 60 SPR if you plan on taking a bit of SPR as I believe that is enough.
- Multishot is a hidden AoE skill. With extra AoE ratio through equip you will hit multiple enemies per shot. With circling = unlimited then.
- Punji stake (semi hidden) can wipe out a group of mobs. As the 50% flung dps, scales with amount of enemies. Circling helps here too. Linking even more.
- Feint + Barrage shot = 10~ hits (hidden mechanic, not a bug)
- Capture can capture broomtrap and lots of other skills. If you have two rouges.. you can tandem these and up the count to max 15 traps. But CD is high.
- Decay = missle bonus damage
- Claymore hits twice (thought it was 1 hit and 3 line hits … but tested that with oracle. It’s two cone hits. Could be changed)
- Backstab + Karcha set = 3 times damage from behind (semi hidden)
- Damage of traps is calculated when they explode/hit. Kneeling will apply to them and other things too.
–Creds to greenfoxy21